Singer, on the other hand, boasts of coming up with the first zig zag machine. It’s famous for creating models designed for specific needs.
The best embroidery machine for beginners is one that is easy to set up, has a few simple buttons to press, and also has a large number of automatic functions. Reviewing our best embroidery sewing machine for beginners, here are our top five picks:
Our Top 5 Picks for the Best Embroidery Sewing Machine
#1: Brother PE770
The Brother PE770 is probably the best embroidery sewing machine for beginners. To start with, it does not require you to spend hours reading the manual before you start.
This embroidery sewing machine is a computerized embroidery machine that offers a 5inch*7inch hoop size, and for which, according to many of its users, is easy to set up.
- It allows downloading of a variety of embroidery designs. Thus, you can load up designs and start stitching. In addition to the downloaded embroidery designs, it has 136 inbuilt embroidery designs.
- The designs are mainly composed of florals, quilt and scrollwork patterns. The machine also contains an automatic threader, making it easier for beginners.
- You can design your stitches, increase or decrease the size of your designs, mirror image and rotate. All of this are supported by a backlit LCD which also makes it easy to view complex designs.
With all its features, the Brother PE770 5inch 7 inch Embroidery-only machine does not have sewing stitches. This model by Brother is a most preferable choice for people on budget, this is after factoring in extra software and additional hoops. Get more details
This model of the Singer contains a lot of inbuilt features which makes it really good for beginners. The SINGER Futura XL-400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine basically brings a bigger embroidery area of 10 inches by 6inches, with an option of going up to 20inches by 12inches by multi-hooping.
- The machine is fitted with swiftsmart threading system which contains an automatic needle threader which makes threading the machine easy. The machine is equipped with needle up and down area for quilting and embroidery.
- It also contains the Drop and sew bobbin system that allows you to load or change bobbins without needing you to pick up the bobbin thread and without taking up too much time.
With a maximum of 600 stitches per minute, it allows faster completion of sewing projects. And by the very fact that computerized features help in your sewing jobs, which at times are complicated, it serves to be among the best embroidery sewing machine for beginners.
#3: Brother SE400
This machine cannot be left out of the best embroidery sewing machine for beginners list. With its library of embroidery designs which include 70 embroidery design for embellishment, and approximately 5 fonts, and also with its ability for a computer connection to the internet where one can get a huge amount of new designs, it offers the ideal starts pack.
The Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing machine comes with an embroidery area size of 4inches by 4 inches.
An added feature to this machine is an embroidery integration ability. One can purchase different new design that can be downloaded directly to the SE400.
- With the LCD a sensitive touchscreen, the Stitch width and length can be chosen with a thread option for tight stitches.
The Brother SE400 is fitted with 8 Snap-on presser feet.
- The zigzag foot has a levelling foot, which basically is used with thick seams. And if that is not enough, it comes with a twin needle sewing for parallel stitches.
- This machine allows creativity to be integrated with technology, providing beginners with an excellent experience.
This machine takes a position among the best embroidery machines for beginners. It turns out to be affordable and easy to learn embroidery machine.
The brother LB6800 machine has embroidery and monogram plus a USB port as well. It comes with 98 sewing stitch functions and 67 sewing stitches, 120 frame pattern combination, five lettering fonts and 70 decorative designs. It also possesses inbuilt embroidery thread cutter and a high-end needle system.
The Brother LB6800PRW is a powerful machine which can sew at approximately 710 stitches per minute. It can also embroider at 400 stitches per minute.
What we love is that:
- With its LCD display touch screen and computer connectivity, it serves to be a modern machine. It’s compatible with iBroidery, allowing you to import designs directly via your computer.
- The length of some of the stitches can be adjusted up to 5mm, while the width is adjustable to 7mm, topped by its needle-stop position control. The auto thread cutter acts as an added advantage for beginners.
- This machine supports 4inch by 4inch embroidery hoop, and around 7 specialty sewing feet. This machine is splendid for beginners as well as advanced seamstresses.
#5: Brother SE1800
The Brother SE1800 comes with 5inch by 7inch embroidery field and a 5inch by 12inch multi-position embroidery hoop. It includes 136 built-in embroidery designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts. The designs and editing options can be viewed on the back-lit LCD.
Included in the embroidery designs are the floral scrollwork and quilt designs where you can also use the design editing features that allow mirror image, rotating and increasing or decreasing the design size.
The machine has 184 built-in sewing stitches, with 10 buttonhole styles and also applies the sideways sewing feature for cylindrical sewing.
With its inbuilt memory and USB connectivity, one can import designs and store them in the memory, for future use.
This wraps up our review of the best embroidery sewing machines for beginners and seasoned sewing enthusisasts. Happy sewing!